Tuesday, September 11, 2012

May all your DreamWorks come true




So I started to write this post yesterday but I was reminded of why I have never been able to keep up with a blog...I have no idea what to say. Especially about DreamWorks. I'm still in awe of everything around me and am still soaking it all in...but since I have been absolutely terrible about communication with everyone and probably will be for the rest of the semester, I'm going to try.

I'm staying in Danville (East Bay) with my Uncle, which is about an hour and a half commute every morning with traffic. If you haven't driven in California traffic...well one, you're lucky, and two, you really have no idea what traffic is. Once I get to work, we get free breakfast (and lunch too!) if we want it. One of the many perks I'm discovering about DreamWorks.

There are 8 other interns this semester at the Redwood City campus, one other in my department and the other 7 are scattered around. There are ~600 employees at the RWC campus, making it the second largest DreamWorks location. DreamWorks also has a studio in Glendale, CA (1500 people and the largest), and India (DDU for short, DreamWorks Dedicated Unit).

The atmosphere of the company is very laid back and casual but still projects a business atmosphere as well. Everyone in my department, and the company as a whole, is AWESOME (I know this because its DreamWorks and everyone has to be awesome of course). There are only 10 of us total in the Digital Training and Artistic Development group, including interns, which is great because I will get to know them very well.

Overall, I'm just stoked I'm getting to live my dream out in Cali and I really still can't believe it's happening. That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment