Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

This year I have been much more aware of how blessed I am. I have gained a ton of perspective this year which I believe is essential to developing into a better person. I just wanted to write down a few things I am thankful for this year, since I often think about them but may not always voice them.

I am thankful for a loving family. I am blessed by each of them everyday. Each one of you has taught me lessons about selflessness, compassion and dependability. I am grateful for the laughs and tears we shared at the table this Thanksgiving; it was truly beautiful.

I am thankful for true friends. Even from thousands of miles away and several different spots in the country I have many loyal and supportive friends who prove that miles have nothing on a friendship. I am truly appreciative of each of you who have reached out to me this semester to ask how I was doing, or just simply to say hello. It has meant a lot to me.

I am thankful for the opportunities I have in my life. I am blessed with the privilege of going to a great college and being able to accept wonderful opportunities as they come. I also have many privileges in my life that many other people do not have. I do not take this for granted and think about it everyday.

I am thankful for my Aunt and Uncle who have  opened their home to me this semester and made me feel like I was truly at home and a part of their family. The have been so kind and giving to me during this time.

I am thankful that I know The Lord and what He has done for all of us. I am thankful that He has my best interests at heart and has showed me the direction he has for my life.

I am thankful for the Florida Gators. God Bless America.

My life is not perfect but I am by no means lacking in the number of blessings in my life. I am grateful for each of them and would not want to switch places with anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment