Sunday, June 23, 2013

A New Chapter

I'm currently watching Kung Fu Panda which seems appropriate given thats where this blog left off 6 months ago. Wow, time really flies. I'm picking up blogging again (or trying to) because my next adventure has started here in Burbank, California at Warner Bros Studios. In between DreamWorks and Warner Bros was a grueling semester with a lot of pressure school wise. Good thing I survived.

Anyway, I was fortunate enough to receive a phone call from Warner Bros this semester and in early May I was interviewed and offered the position. My internship this summer is with Warner Bros Technical Operations and I'm working in Digital Production Management. My main focus is ultra violet, which a digital locker system for all of your movies and TV shows. When you redeem your ultraviolet code online via flickster (Warner Bros), vudu (Wal Mart) or Cinema Now (Best Buy) (these are our online retailers) the rights to the movie/tv show are stored in ultra violet. Your actual online content is stored in one of our various retailers where you can stream to any device at any time. My job is to assist in streamlining this process within internal departments and to assist with the third parties we are beginning to be the main source of communication for. This has been my SHAMELESS PLUG for Ultra Violet, so REDEEM YOUR DIGITAL OFFERS!!!!!!!

Before I knew exactly what I'd be doing, I knew I had to find a place to live. This is extremely hard via internet and I wouldn't recommend if you can't actually go see the place because you really never know from pictures how nice it is, and also you want to make sure you're in a safe neighborhood, especially in California. I got extremely lucky to find a place that is 5 minutes from Warner Bros. Location was probably my number one because after last semester commuting an hour and a half to and from work was just not happening. 

Once I got settled in, I prepared to go to orientation. My internship is within a specific program called the Time Warner College Associates Program (TWCAP) which focuses a lot on leadership and gives us special opportunities. Our orientation was combined with a program called REACH which is full of interns who applied in High School and got a scholarship for all four years and also an internship for every summer of college. How awesome is that? They're so lucky. Meeting all the interns was awesome. They are all really friendly and cool, I'm really enjoying getting to know all of them. The people in my department are all really great as well. I feel so blessed that I have this opportunity!

This week has been a learning process, but it's definitely worth it. I go to lunch on the lot everyday which is so cool. I love the atmosphere of being here. This weekend I hung out with some of the other interns on Friday and then my friend Melody spent the night and we went to Laguna Beach on Saturday. It was beautiful and a great way to start summer! I actually got extremely sunburned, so much so that I couldn't even sleep last night. Rookie move. You would think I would learn by now!

I have a lot more I could say in this post but it's already gotten really long. If you're reading this, thanks! I appreciate your interest in my life. I will be updating this as frequently as I feel I have enough to say, so I'll be seein' ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment